KDE Frameworks: dropping dead(?) Python bindings generation code?

Bart Ribbers bribbers at disroot.org
Wed Feb 16 10:37:38 GMT 2022

Hi,

I was packaging them in Alpine Linux until we updated our sip and PyQt and it
broke, but I only recently before had learned of the existing of these
bindings in the first place. I did have a use-case for it but because of it not
working with updated PyQt and sip opted for a C++ program instead.

If there really is no maintainer to fix the issues that come with it then it
should probably be dropped indeed but I'd like to note that probably nobody is
using it because no one knows about it. I even recently saw a Reddit post on /
r/kde about someone developing something to edit kconfig files and they had no
clue about the Python bindings existing so was just manually parsing it.