Limiting access to just SFTP?

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Oct 17 09:26:20 BST 2020

Hi all,

Sysadmin is currently in the process of preparing a replacement system to
Milonia, and one option currently under consideration with this is reducing
the level of access to the system we grant packagers.

Currently you are all provided with fully fledged shell accounts on the
system, which we're proposing to reduce to SFTP access only.

It would be appreciated if you could please let us know if this would cause
any issues as part of your packaging workflows.

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin