Redundant packaging mailing lists

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Jul 31 22:10:56 BST 2020

Albert Astals Cid - 29.07.20, 23:31:26 CEST:
> El dimecres, 29 de juliol de 2020, a les 16:46:07 CEST, Nate Graham va
escriure:
> > On 7/28/20 6:23 PM, A. Wilcox wrote:
[…]
> > I'd like to formally propose that we centralize everything on
> > distributions at kde.org if only because it has a shorter and
> > easier-to-remember name. :) Also the history that Albert dug up
> > (thanks Albert!) suggests that centralization was its purpose.
>
> Sorry what? The history that I dug up suggests that the split (not
> centralization) was on purpose, it totally acknowledges the existence
> of the kde-distro-packager list and says "yep yep, need a new list
> because ..."
>
> > Any objections?
>
> I am unhappy that the new usurper list is the one that "wins" over an
> existing one, but whatever I have other things to "spend" my
> objections on.

I am fine either way. I did not have this usurper and other list view on
this. I slightly prefer distributions at kde.org for its IMHO easier name,
but in the end I do not really care and it can be kde-distro-
packager at kde.org as well (even if that has two times kde in it).

Ciao,
--
Martin