Redundant packaging mailing lists

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jul 29 22:31:26 BST 2020

El dimecres, 29 de juliol de 2020, a les 16:46:07 CEST, Nate Graham va escriure:
> On 7/28/20 6:23 PM, A. Wilcox wrote:
> > I'm subscribed to both.  I don't have a preference for which should
> > stay, but I would suggest an announce mail to the one that is closed.
> >
> > Looking at my KDE email folder, it looks like some announcements are
> > only sent to one or the other, and it seems to vary based on maintainer
> > which is which.  So, having one would make sure everyone actually gets
> > the distro announcements.
>
> Agreed.
>
> I'd like to formally propose that we centralize everything on
> distributions at kde.org if only because it has a shorter and
> easier-to-remember name. :) Also the history that Albert dug up (thanks
> Albert!) suggests that centralization was its purpose.

Sorry what? The history that I dug up suggests that the split (not centralization) was on purpose, it totally acknowledges the existence of the kde-distro-packager list and says "yep yep, need a new list because ..."

> Any objections?

I am unhappy that the new usurper list is the one that "wins" over an existing one, but whatever I have other things to "spend" my objections on.

Cheers,
  Albert