Mimimum required packages for Default Plasma Desktop

A. Wilcox awilfox at adelielinux.org
Tue Aug 18 23:05:45 BST 2020

On 18/08/2020 09:01, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on getting KDE Plasma running on Guix
> (https://guix.gnu.org). Me aim is to get the Default Plasma Desktop
> <https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kde-workspace/plasma-desktop/using-kapp.html#default-plasma-desktop>
> running.
>
> When installing the packages listed below, I succeed to get the
> Splash-screen and then an blank desktop. This desktop is blank and
> black, only having the control-bar st the bottom. The control bar is
> empty too, beside the "settings" icon at the very right. Right-Click
> menu works. Launcher, starter icons, system tray, clock, desktop toolbox
> are missing.
>
> Obviously some package is missing, but I could not find out, which one.
> Any hits?
>
> I'm currently installing theses packages:
>
> plasma-desktop
> plasma-workspace
> breeze
> breeze-icons
> kinit
> kwin
> qtbase
> qtsvg
> qtimageformats
> kimageformats
> kglobalaccel
> plasma-integration
> kded
> libkscreen
> kirigami
> kscreen
> kservice

Most notably, you are missing qt5-qtquickcontrols2.  Plasma needs this
for most of what you are missing.

Our full Plasma Desktop package at Adélie declares the following
dependencies, if it helps:

# theme/visual dependencies
depends="breeze breeze-icons kirigami2 oxygen qt5-qtquickcontrols2
qqc2-desktop-style ttf-liberation"

# shell/QML dependencies
depends="$depends kde-cli-tools kded kwin qt5-qtgraphicaleffects setxkbmap"

# Good Ideas™ to have
depends="$depends elogind kdeclarative polkit-kde-agent-1"

# Build requirements
makedepends="cmake qt5-qtbase qt5-qtdeclarative qt5-qtx11extras
qt5-qtsvg kdelibs4support xf86-input-synaptics kauth plasma-framework
kdoctools ki18n libkworkspace kcmutils knewstuff knotifications
knotifyconfig attica kwallet krunner kglobalaccel kdeclarative kpeople
kdbusaddons kactivities kactivities-stats kconfig kitemmodels
plasma-workspace xf86-input-evdev libxkbcommon pulseaudio libcanberra
libxkbfile xorg-server kwin kscreenlocker baloo xcb-util-image
xf86-input-libinput breeze xkeyboard-config extra-cmake-modules
kirigami2 libksysguard"

Best,
--arw

--