Mimimum required packages for Default Plasma Desktop

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at crazy-compilers.com
Tue Aug 18 15:01:42 BST 2020

Hi,

I'm working on getting KDE Plasma running on Guix
(https://guix.gnu.org). Me aim is to get the Default Plasma Desktop
<https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kde-workspace/plasma-desktop/using-kapp.html#default-plasma-desktop>
running.

When installing the packages listed below, I succeed to get the
Splash-screen and then an blank desktop. This desktop is blank and
black, only having the control-bar st the bottom. The control bar is
empty too, beside the "settings" icon at the very right. Right-Click
menu works. Launcher, starter icons, system tray, clock, desktop toolbox
are missing.

Obviously some package is missing, but I could not find out, which one.
Any hits?

I'm currently installing theses packages:

plasma-desktop
plasma-workspace
breeze
breeze-icons