Fwd: kdeedu-data

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Oct 23 23:28:55 BST 2014

El Dijous, 23 d'octubre de 2014, a les 07:48:11, Eric Hameleers va escriure:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2014, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> > Hey packagers,
> >
> > A quick heads up about kdeedu-data strangeness.
> >
> > The upcoming KDE Applications 14.12 release will have some
> > applications based on kdelibs4 and others based on kf5. Because some
> > applications that use libkdeedu/libkeduvocdocument are going to be
> > still based on kdelibs4 while others have already been ported to qt5
> > and kf5 there will be both libkdeedu and libkeduvocdocument tarballs
> > released. Because both used to contain a handful of kvtml files, we
> > moved them out into kdeedu-data which both libkdeedu and
> > libkeduvocdocument should depend on (or at least khangman(kdelibs4)
> > and kanagram(libkeduvocdocument) should depend on in order to run.
> >
> > Now kdeedu-data uses ecm instructions to build like other kf5 based
> > applications. Is that going to be a problem to make both khangman and
> > kanagram run time depend on these packages, while kdeedu-data at build
> > time requires ecm to build?
> >
> > I'm open to other solutions, but this is the best we could come up
> > with at this time.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Jeremy
>
> Please explain to me why applications in the 4.14.12 release should
> depend on kf5? The kf5 dependencies must be left out of the tarball
> for the KDE SC 4.14 releases.

Correct 4.14 is not going to have any KF5 dependency.

That's not what Jeremy is talking about though, please read
http://tsdgeos.blogspot.com.es/2014/08/kde-releases-in-future.html in case you
don't follow the other lists where we have discussed about the releasing.

Cheers,
  Albert