KDE Applications 14.12 and kdeplasma-addons 4 translations

Raymond Wooninck tittiatcoke at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 08:54:16 GMT 2014

On Thursday 11 December 2014 00:53, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> The issue is with the ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR} part as that this has a different
>> meaning on KDE4 compared to Frameworks. So depending on which release the
>> translations is build, we have an issue with either the data translations
>> for kdelibs4 or for the frameworks ones.
>
> What do you mean "which release the translations is build"?

Hi Albert,

With this I mean that if I build all translations on a KDE 4 system, the
translations for khangman will end up in an unreachable directory
(/usr/share/apps/apps/kvtml).  If I would build the translations on a
Frameworks system, then the data translations for KDE 4 based
applications would end up in /usr/share/kvmtl (as an example). Which is
incorrect for KDE 4 apps.

${DATA_INSTALL_DIR} on a KDE 4 system is /usr/share/apps
${DATA_INSTALL_DIR} on Frameworks system is /usr/share

So the tarball as now will always deliver issues if it is build
completely.  This was also already indicated by Hrvoje in a previous
email as a reply to the kdeedu-data issue.

Regards

Raymond