KDE Applications 14.12 and kdeplasma-addons 4 translations

Raymond Wooninck tittiatcoke at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 11:29:57 GMT 2014

On Wednesday 5 November 2014 00:17:47 Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> Well since noone commented i'll just apply the same reasoning we apply to
> kactivities and ship them in the big l10n package.

Hi Albert,

I jsut recently started to build the translations that come with KDE
Applications 14.12 (14.11.97 tarballs).  And I believe there might be some
issues with shipping both the KDE4 and KF5 based translations in one big
package.

The issue is with the khangman data translations.  In the cmake file the
installation directory target is ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/apps/kvtml/nl  (I took
the nl translations as example).

The issue is with the ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR} part as that this has a different
meaning on KDE4 compared to Frameworks. So depending on which release the
translations is build, we have an issue with either the data translations for
kdelibs4 or for the frameworks ones.

My assumption is that other distro's would have the same issue, or is this
something specific for openSUSE ??

If it is a general issue, we need to come up with either splitted tarballs
(kdelibs4 translations and framework translations) or to find a way to have
the right directories for each target.

Regards

Raymond
openSUSE KDE community packager