Unable to import images - suspect gphoto2 not installed. How to test?

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 25 21:21:24 GMT 2024

On lundi 25 mars 2024 21:12:30 CET Christoph Lieck wrote:
> gphoto2 --list-ports
I don't think you need the gphoto2 executable to use the gphoto2 library (I
don't have the executable installed under linux).

As a work-around (or primary method ) to transfer your images, you can use a
cardreader, those are seen as an external drive (so don't need gphoto2 at
all). Or perhaps your camera can appear as an external drive (there might be a
setting in one of the camera menus)