Video problem with 8.3.0

Jay jay at speedpost.net
Tue Mar 19 13:12:02 GMT 2024

Hello Gilles and the whole digiKam team,

Greetings and thank you for such outstanding software! The features seem to anticipate how I work and adjust to my style. Simply amazing! I look forward to exploring the features of 8.3.0, especially the auto-tagging.

For now I have the following issue. I use Lumix LX7 and Sony RX10 IV cameras for videos and stills. In 8.2.0, the videos from both cameras fill my laptop screen and render correctly.

With 8.3.0, my LX7 videos render identically to 8.2.0, but my RX10 videos are compressed horizontally to approximately 1:1 ratio with wide white spaces on both sides. Additionally, the audio has a brief interrupt pulse every 1/2 second or so. I suspect there is a simple setting to correct the video rendering, but I don't see it so far.

Any thoughts where I might look to fix the display?

Best wishes,
Jay Rutherford