Cannot open images after upgrade to DK8.2

Thomas sdktda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 09:26:42 GMT 2024

Hello Gilles,

Congrats on the new DK 8.3 release! And thank you so much for your
awesome work with Digikam!

I was eager to try it out in the hope that this issue would be fixed.

I downloaded DK 8.3 installer on digikam.org and installed it in Windows 10.

When I opened DK, I got no errors. I was prompted to download the face
recognition files and did so. Then I went into an album and tried
opening a photo. I could not open the photos. I just get this message:

This is the same error as I reported in this thread on 2023-12-06.

It is my understanding that you confirmed this as a bug in 8.2 on
Windows in message from 2023-12-06 15:02.

In message from 2023-12-06 16:10 you seem to state that the issue is
related to how DK is compiled and that this would be fixed in DK 8.3.

Was this not fixed afterall? Or do I have some other problem on my local
system? Or do I need to do something in order to actually make the new
fix work?

Really looking forward to hearing from you as I have abstained from
using DK on Windows since december 2023.

BR

Thomas

--
Mvh