Digikam in new Ubuntu LTS (Re: Debugging or Logging on Linux)

Kjetil Kjernsmo kjetil at kjernsmo.net
Fri Mar 8 15:33:22 GMT 2024

On fredag 8. mars 2024 15:34:18 CET Gilles Caulier wrote:
> I also recommend trying the 8.3.0 pre-release AppImage. We are near
> the release, so it's safe to use :

Just wondering: Ubuntu will have an LTS release in April, and the Feature
Freeze happened on Feb 29, so getting 8.3 in there would require an exception.
They have their docs on that on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess

For me personally, I tend to take whatever is in the LTS and stick to it for
my laptop. From reading this list, there seems to be a bunch of things that
have been fixed in 8.3.0 that has caused problems for users with 8.2.

As per that page, do you think it could be demonstrated "that the benefit of
new functionality, or the total benefit of a new upstream release which
includes it, outweighs the risk of regressions and other potential disruption
of the release process." so that once Debian packages 8.3.0, the community
should argue for the inclusion of 8.3.0 in the next Ubuntu LTS?

Kind regards,

Kjetil