Image editor

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 20:52:24 GMT 2024

Hi Nadine,

I'll answer here so everyone can see it, thank you for the test image so I
could reproduce it. The problem is clear, for TIFF files we create a JPG
preview image in Xmp.digiKam.Preview. If the size exceeds 65535 bytes, Exiv2
will make an exception and the metadata will not be saved. We could make the
previews smaller or increase the compression, but that leads to bad thumbnails
with artifacts, we just had a bug report on this. Or we simply leave out the
preview image and then have to load the entire TIFF image (slower). I have
adjusted the maximum value we allow as a preview image. First of all, the
problem should be fixed for the next pre-release version. If you have a image
where the problem still occurs, please send it.

Maik