cannot run digiKam 8.3

armsabts at pm.me armsabts at pm.me
Mon Jan 22 17:53:22 GMT 2024

When I open the app I see the message: "Error while opening the database. digiKam will try to automatically reconnect to the database".
Then, after I click Cancel, another window opens with the message: "Failed to open the database. You cannot use digiKam without a working database. Please check the database settings in the next dialog".
After clicking OK, a new window entitled "Database Configuration" opens up, showing "Type MySQL Server", and below that, there are three tabs: Remote Server Settings, Requirements, and Documentation.

I am using:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎3/‎18/‎2021
OS build 19045.3930
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Processor Intel Core i7-5600U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.69 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I will appreciate your advice.

Thank you,

Armando

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.