Two Autonomous DigiKams on a Windows System?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 12:38:53 GMT 2024

Hi,

There are 2 solution to your request :

1/ uses 2 accounts where the application settings will be hosted in
different home directory.
2/ uses the CLI "--config" option of digiKam :

$ digikam --help
Usage: digikam [options]
Professional Photo Management with the Power of Open Source - A KDE
Family Project

 -h, --help                  Displays help on commandline options.
 --help-all                  Displays help including Qt specific options.
 -v, --version               Displays version information.
 --author                    Show author information.
 --license                   Show license information.
 --desktopfile <file name>   The base file name of the desktop entry for this
                             application.
 --download-from <path>      Open camera dialog at "path"
 --download-from-udi <udi>   Open camera dialog for the device with Solid UDI
                             "udi"
 --detect-camera             Automatically detect and open a connected gphoto2
                             camera
 --database-directory <dir>  Start digikam with the SQLite database file found
                             in the directory "dir"
 --config <config>           Start digikam with the configuration file
                             "config"

Best

Gilles Caulier