HDR processing for HEIC images

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 19 10:16:18 GMT 2024

On vendredi 19 janvier 2024 01:55:41 CET Ola Hansson wrote:
> Hi all,
> When I enable HDR on my Iphone 7, two HEIC images are created with
> different exposures.
> When I try the digiKam Blend Stacked Images tool I get an exception
> complaining about file type.
> Is HEIC image stacking not supported or do I need to update something?
>
> Align_image_stack v2021.0.0.52
> enfuse v 4.3
>
> I'm using 8.3.0 on Windows 10. (great improvement from 8.2.0! thanks!)
> Cheers,
> Ola

Best is to provide the exact error message.

In this case, the error may not come from Digikam, but from Align_image_stack
or enfuse. Probably the former, as enfuse takes files provided by
align_image_stack.

As align_image_stack and enfuse are completely independent from Digikam, you
may be better off checking in a forum or mailing list dedicated to those
programs.

Remco

PS. a workaround might be to export the images as png or jpg before blending.