Uploading albums to Google Photos

chimney at thespicers.net chimney at thespicers.net
Thu Jan 11 16:13:48 GMT 2024

I would like to be able to upload a whole album from digiKam to a new album
in Google Photos but I'm not sure if this is supported at present.

I have found I can right-click an album in the Albums list and select
Export->Export to Google Photos... This gives me the export dialog but only
one photo from the album is selected - it seems I have to manually add the
other photos in the album.

Furthermore, the dialog gives a Google Photos Album option and this
defaults to <auto-create>, but experimentation shows that this causes
photos to be uploaded without being added to an album in Google Photos. I
was hoping that this option would create an album named after the digiKam
album. I can manually create a new album and choose to upload to that, but
this is a more complicated workflow.

Is there any way to do what I want at present? Can anyone explain what
<auto-create> is expected to do?

Thanks