Date folders created using import are UTC based

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 17:41:40 GMT 2024

The date  display in the thumbnail in the import window depends on whether you
have activated the loading of the camera metadata in the digiKam camera
settings, otherwise it is the file date. But it doesn't matter when
downloading, since digiKam-8.0.0 the metadata has always been used. I tested
it here with pictures before and after midnight, everything correct.

Another note, the current digiKam-8.3.0 that is available for download still
has a problem, if its file path contains non-ASCII characters, wait for the
next version.

Maik