Feature request for Digikam

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon Feb 26 16:41:35 GMT 2024

Ha! Nudes detection exists up to the unbelievable: google detected
something (maybe?) nude in the attached image and censored it
automatically. Crazy.

But to us, the consumer, I bet this technology will never be available.

I'd love to search/tag for special parts or features (as [almost]
everything is nude here, simply detecting nude would not help me). Like
"sitting", "blonde hair", "closed eyes" and much more I wouldn't write
here. The technology for sure is here, just not for us :-(

It's the same in artificial image creation. Artificial nudes in general
turn out terrible or follow just one single beauty standard.

In general, technology is not anymore for us but against us.

Except digikam, of course, which I love and use every day.

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
Twitter: @Marsfotografo (often explicit nudes)