Question about propagating metadata to photo backups

Cadmus To cadmus.to+digikam at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 12:25:30 GMT 2024

 Hello all,

I have just recently gotten into using DigiKam for my photo collection and
was trying to follow the steps outlined in the page:
https://docs.digikam.org/en/asset_management/dam_workflow.html but I got
stuck at "Rate and cull, write-back metadata to the DNG archive."

I have already made a DNG backup of my RAW files, but I'm not sure how I
could propagate changes to the metadata (even just ratings for now) to my
backed up DNGs. Should they be "versions" of each other? How do I get them
to link up?

Sorry if this question has been asked already, I couldn't seem to find it.

*Cadmus*