Archive photos to DVD

Mark wodenickel at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 01:43:56 GMT 2024

I am on Ubuntu 22.04 with DigiKam 7.5.0  and Windows with Digikam 8.2.0.
It seems that there used to be a built-in tool for archiving photos to DVD but I cannot seem to find it. Does it still exist? If not, what are others doing? On Ubuntu I did install the k3b disk burning package.

My planned workflow: Eventually hard disks fill and files can be moved off for long term storage. Would want Digikam to know the DVD disk name and store that so that I can readily access those files later. Since the image files have been burned to one or more disks (of the same name) they can then be deleted from the hard drive to make room for more.
All help / ideas appreciated! Am new to Digikam but used Canto DAM for many years before they sold the particular product to another who later went belly up, permanently ending support!
Mark