digiKam lost collections after sleep/wakeup of PC

Andrej Valencic andrej.valencic at zoho.com
Fri Feb 2 08:00:56 GMT 2024

Thanks for this info, I was expecting it to be connected to MariaDB
somehow although (if I remember well) this was not happening with some
earlier versions of DK (8.2 maybe??)

But then I found out that after this problem occurs and I don's see any
albums/collections I can still see pictures (thumbnails) in all the
other sections like Tags, Dates, Timeline. So it looks like there is
some connection to the databases after all - as much as I know
thumbnails are all stored in the database?! Of course I can not work on
any photo because the collections are not available to DK unless I
restart the program.

And I don't think this is due to MariaDB shutting down on sleep/suspend
because the other program using the databases, namely HeidiSQL is still
working OK after PC resumes from sleep - I can browse and see all the
databases.

Anyway it's not a big deal, I only have to live with closing DK when not
using it and the starting it again when needed.

Regards,
Andrej