Exporting metadata on multiple photos

Henrik Hemrin hehemrin at hemrin.com
Tue Apr 2 15:10:14 BST 2024

When I prepared my migration to digiKam from Photoshop Elements via
Lightroom Classic, I also did som trials in the opposite direction with
a friend who is a Lightroom user. As I recall, we got the meta data to
export quite well to Lightroom more or less out of the box including
face tags, for both meta data in files (eg jpg) and xmp sidecar.

The Ligthroom way of handling xmp sidecars are what digiKam in settings
refer to as "Sidecar file namne are compatible with commercial programs"
in a tick box.

(when you export, if you want to keep your non-commercial setting in
your digiKam collection, I guess you can copy the existing sidecar and
just rename the for the export, but don't store the copy in your digikam
folder)

So, I am optimistic you will get it working with some trial.

Best regards
Henrik