Cataloguing PDF files

Paul Marfell paul at marfell.me.uk
Thu Sep 7 16:19:31 BST 2023

Hi

One of my uses of DigiKam is to manage local history images, photos taken
by local people over many many years. This history also includes PDFs of
carnival programs, local Medical Officer Annual reports etc. etc.

It has only recently sunk in that these PDF files are not part of my
indexing and I can't find any reference in the manual about importing PDF
files. Do others have a similar use case and how have they managed it? One
option would be to create a JPEG of the front cover and add suitable
captions and tags.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Paul