DigiKam redeye removal tool

Eric Scheffer scheffer.eric at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 14:42:23 BST 2023

Hello

I am a happy very amateur-level user of Digikam 8.1. I would like to ask
for some assistance with the redeye removal tool that doesn't seem to work
for me.
My goal is simple; remove red eyes. The documentation about how to do this
is also simple and very easy to follow. However, nothing changes when I
select an area with very obvious red eyes and hit the red eye removal icon.
Before and After just stay exactly the same. Only when I set the red level
slider to a very low number (1.5 or so), I see small green spots appearing
somewhere in the photo.

I have tried:
Completely removing en re-installing Digikam
Enabling \ disabling the plugin
Searching the internet including the mailing list archive
Using many different photos and settings.

All other editor tools seem to be working fine, it's really just the
red-eye tool. I started using Digikam version 7 late last year and I know
that I was able to edit at least a few photos using the red-eye removal
tool. But at some point, it didn't work anymore and I never got it working
again.

Hope someone can help me out with this issue

Many thanks,
Eric