Sudden issues with 8.1.0 on macOS 12.7.1

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 07:03:28 GMT 2023

The reason for the collection is actually due to major updates from Apple. The
partition UUID now changes with every Apple update. In digiKam-8.2.0 we
introduced a UUID file for help.
Simply go to the digiKam collection settings and click on the update tool
button behind the corresponding collection (round circle symbol). In
principle, you can simply confirm all dialogs without making any changes. The
collection will then be available again.

For graphical problems, go to the digiKam setup under Miscellaneous ->
Appearance and select the "Breeze" option as the widget style.

Maik