Grouping Focus Staking photos

Jessika jessika2 at ok.de
Fri Nov 10 22:29:23 GMT 2023

Hi DigiKam Developers,

I do lots of focus stacking photos. For this I use the camera focus
stacking function. This creates depending on the exposure time 4 to 10
pics per second and between 10 to 80 pics for one shot. After one shot
comes a break of a few seconds to multiple minutes.

I expect from DigiKam to group by time all of those pics of one stacking
shot within one group. But it does not. It creates multiple groups with
random number of pics in it. Especially for focus stacking - or other
stacking techniqes - it is a lot of work to group manually or move to
separate folders.
After grouping I want to batch rename this group. Renaming a group works
fine.

Is there any way to configure DigiKam to understand a group by time and
tell what maximum time difference is allowed for one group? Or tell the
minimum time gap between groups?

Thanks for your help

Jessika