problem (bug?) with grouping images

willemx at xs4all.nl willemx at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 3 13:22:47 GMT 2023

There is a problem (bug?) with grouping files. According to the docs:

/"If you Group files automatically (based on time or filename for
example), the smaller file size from the group is preferred as the
leading item."
/

This is not what is happening on my system. I always shoot RAW + JPG, so
I have 2 files for every image taken. The first thing I do after
importing is grouping the files 'Selected by time'. I would expect that
the JPG file should become the leading image within each group because
it is much smaller than the RAW file, but this is not the case. Every
group that is created has a RAW file as the leading image.//Very
annoying, because the RAW file are often very dark and difficult to
inspect in the image view./
/

Is there a way to 'regroup' so that the JPG's become the leading images? /
/