Question - Digikam

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 11 14:10:32 BST 2023

On mardi 9 mai 2023 22:23:17 CEST Bruno Henrique Vaz Silveira wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have a question/suggestion. One feature I really liked in Picasa was that
> as soon as I opened the program it started scanning my entire computer,
> including plugged in external drives. It showed me on one screen all the
> photos and videos in my PC, including some images that some programs "hid"
> in my pc and I didn't even know existed. I would like to suggest putting a
> function like that, or does it already exist and I haven't found it?

> I just want to know if it is possible for me to have this experience? To
> open it and in one screen all the photos and videos will appear no matter
> where it is on the computer. It would be much easier to catalog for me.

> If this function already exists please help me 🙂
>

> Best Regards,
> Bruno Henrique

I'd really hate that as a default behaviour. Scanning for new images in my
current collection takes too much time already...

Also, I like that digikam only works on the directories I tell it to use, I
don't want all images on my hard drive registered as photos...

Keep in mind that "all images" can also include things like program splash
screen, email attachments, etc.