Re: Hello from Strasbourg, France and request concerning multiple NAS shares ;-)

Mica Semrick mica at silentumbrella.com
Tue Jul 25 17:01:16 BST 2023

Hi!

I think you need to revisit your backup strategy. If your backup strategy relies on you knowing what you've modified, you're doing it wrong. If you backup by hand your directories of the year, you're doing it wrong.

All of the backup tools I'm aware of look at what has changed on your backup data set and are capable of making a differential backup.

You should have a look at restic, Borg, bup, rsnapshot, or if you want a very mac-centric solution, Arq.

If you don't want to do that, then mount all your shares into one directory via smb/nfs and have digikam look at that single directory as the root.

-mica