Setup Problem - Specifying Root Folder - Ubuntu

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Jul 19 00:45:35 BST 2023

On 7/18/23 12:54, Maik Qualmann wrote:
> In the digiKam settings under Collections, change your root folder to network
> folder for a test. The function is available with the button as a round
> circle.
> Internally, the network folder is then only identified via the path, whether it
> exists.

msg is cannot add a collection for the following paths, and lists:
/home/me/Pictures
/home/me/Photos

After selecting them in the network tab. msg does not show up until
final "ok", closing the settings window is clicked on. I took a
spectacle shot of it, but can't find it to attach it. So I took a 2nd,
but saved it in my tmp, so its attached.
> Maik
>
> Am Dienstag, 18. Juli 2023, 16:13:34 CEST schrieb gene heskett:
>> On 7/18/23 08:01, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It’s typically a problem with a bundle as flatpak or snap witch run in a
>>> sandbox and make digiKam unusable. We do not support this kind of bundle
>>> and we do not understand why this kind of limitation exists
>>
>> I think this is hijacking a thread, but digiKam 8.2.0 is STILL unable to
>> import new pix it can see in my camera, its as if it has no perms to
>> create the image in the Pictures subdir of my ~/partition.  Shotwell is
>> a pita to use, but  for importing pix that can be seen in the camera, it
>> Just Works. But it buries them so deep in dated subdirs you then spend
>> and hour looking for them. DigiKam can see the same pix in the import
>> screen, but cannot make the copy to my hard drive. With no errors
>> reported.  Please fix.
>>
>>> Use the app image bundle that we provide, there is no limitation like this
>>>
>>> Best
>>>
>>> Gilles Caulier

>> Cheers, Gene Heskett.
>

> .