I made a mistake this morning

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Jul 16 18:50:28 BST 2023

On 7/16/23 13:14, gene heskett wrote:
Addendum below
> And now digiKam no longer has write perms to anyplace on my system,
> claiming an album I created last week and can see the thumbnails of, is
> not available.
>
> This is the June 29 version of 8.1.0-beta.
> Dl'd, ran 8.2.0
>
> still can't download what I can see in the import window, highlighted as
> new, getting this msg regardless of the selected target including a
> newly created one:
>
> I even picked a subdir and moved it to another newly created ~/Photos
> just so it would be created and copied using bookworm rules, still
> cannot download from the camera, exactly as if I don't own this whole
> filesystem.
>
> Collection which host your default target album set to process download
> from camera device is not available. Please select another one from
> camera configuration dialog.
>
> This is meaningless to me without the specifics. Full paths from / please.
>
> Whats going on?????

I found shotwell, which is 10,000% more monkey business & 40+ more mouse
clicks to download 3 new images from my camera, and while it's PITA to
use, worked flawleessly. Please make digiKam compatible with
bullseye/bookworm ext4 file systems.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
  - Louis D. Brandeis