Crashing after right-clicking

Mike Gauland mikelygee at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 19:47:02 GMT 2023

I recently upgraded my NixOS set-up, though I don't know if that's
related. I've been using Digikam 8.1 for a while with not trouble.

I added some photos yesterday (a dozen or so). Now, digikam comes up
fine, but when I right-click in the album view to bring up the context
menu, it uses 100% CPU for more than 15 minutes, before crashing with:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
   what():  std::bad_alloc
Aborted (core dumped)

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.