Screens on Gender/Age & Incremental tagging during face recognition

david.s.rothman at gmail.com david.s.rothman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 13:00:20 GMT 2023

I’ve been playing with Digikam (now using v8.3) for a few weeks on a picture store of 250k+ pics.  Lots of kid pics.  3 questions:

1.	I had tried Excire (didn’t fit my needs), but one very useful feature it has is the ability to tailor searches along gender & age parameters.  So I could specify for example, adult males.  I don’t believe that exists in Digikam, it’s very useful - any future plans to implement something like this?
2.	I’m anticipating a time when I’d want Digikam to manage 3 completely separate photo stores.  Would that be an issue?  IOW, can it maintain separate and independent db’s for say 3 different photo stores stored either on diff drives or diff folders (on one drive)?
3.	Lastly, while DIgikam is in the process is Recognizing Faces- any harm/issue that if the user jumps in and incrementally confirm/reject results?  Can there be a benefit in doing so (IOW, will the algo incorporate the incremental info?  I’m thinking of situations where I know there a bunch of pics of “Bob” but can’t find them easily so can only provide say 8 pics of Bob initially.  10 mins in, I see the algo found 5 more pics, but 3 are incorrect.  Will the Algo course-correct?

Great program - thanks