How to move a tag from an image file to make a DigiKam tag ?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 07:23:35 GMT 2023

Take a look at the digiKam advanced metadata settings. Here you can select
“Tags” in the ComboBox. The list s processed from top to bottom when digiKam
reads the metadata from the image into the database. The first entry where
metadata is present in the image will be adopted. So you have to move the
entry that you change externally to the top position. But you also have an
option box to include all metadata that digiKam knows (is in the list) and
read it from the image. You have to decide what is best for your workflow.

By the way, you can also decide here which metadata tags digiKam should only
write or read (it is even possible for read and write separately).

Maik