how to enable gmic support in digikam?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 12:00:01 BST 2023

Le ven. 21 avr. 2023 à 11:18, Thomas Klausner <wiz at gatalith.at> a écrit :

> On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 07:29:07AM +0200, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > What happens if you use my bootstrap-gmicqt.sh script on the root
> > directory of the repository to configure the project ?
>
> That worked and helped me find the issue - I needed to set
> -DENABLE_SYSTEM_GMIC=OFF like that script does.
>
> I've packaged the plugin for pkgsrc now. Thank you for writing it and
> the help in getting it working!
>
> I tried it out and noticed that some filters show error messages in
> the preview. I've attached a screenshot example from the "Morphology
> Painting" filter. I saw similar errors (with varying text) for
> 'Illustration Look', 'Lineart', 'Painting', and others; many others
> (e.g., 'Pen Drawing', 'Pastell Art') however seem to work fine.
>
> Do I have some dependencies missing? Or are these bugs and should be
> reported on the gmic-qt plugin github repository?

check if you have libfft-devel installed.

else some filters do not works in image editor as they requires layers
from host application as Krita or Gimp. digiKam IE do not support
layers. I don't find yet a way to disabled the filters requiring
layers in GMIC-Qt.

Don't forget also that filters are script which can be under
development and can be updated via Internet. So i recommend to always
use stable filters in production.

Best

Gilles Caulier