how to detect corrupted file

frederic chaume frederic.chaume at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 11:30:59 BST 2023

Hi jdd,

thanks for your reply.

In my case, files were not empty and I'm on windows, but I will make
your test nevertheless
I have tried it using the search in DK (file size max à,1MB as 0MB
doesn't work) and it returns a list  of files that seems to be
corrupted, so  I will try to fix and will compare also with your test

For information I found a 4th one that I kept for reference (and I have
recovered it from my backup)
my concern is that running another backup may overwrite the correct file
by a acorrupted version, that's why I'm trying to make a check before
another backup

Frederic