Tagged Faces from iPhone

Paul A. Norman paul at paulanorman.info
Sun Apr 9 02:40:23 BST 2023

Hi Lukas,

A lot of older postings around the web suggest exploring any available “export” feature (and its options), on any app on your phone that currently can both show your pictures and the tags you want.
I can't yet find clear information on any  compatibility process that Apple follows on all this, that helps facilitate transfer to other systems / approaches to handling ‘faces information’ outside Apple.

Cheers,
Paul

---
https://PaulANorman.info

On 9 April 2023 10:09:27 am NZST, "Lukas B." <lukasb314 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi Gilles,
>
>that's what I'm wondering. I can't find any information there.
>
>Maybe I just didn't see it, or:
>
>Is it possible that the iPhone stores this information in a separate
>data base just on the phone?
>
>Cheers,
>Lukas
>

>Am 08.04.23 um 18:04 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
>> where are stored the faces information ? in image metadata i hope ?
>>
>> Best
>> Gilles Caulier
>>
>> Le sam. 8 avr. 2023 à 17:56, Lukas B. <lukasb314 at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi everone,
>>>
>>> when I transfer my iPhone photos to my computer and import them into
>digikam, all of the face tags
>>> (created by the iPhone) are gone.
>>>
>>> What is the issue there?
>>>

>>> Thanks,