Is digiKam's ePub offline documentation missing its functional TOC?

Paul Norman paul at paulanorman.info
Fri Apr 7 03:21:38 BST 2023

Hi,

I have downloaded https://docs.digikam.org/en/epub/DigikamManual.epub

... and opened it in both

    Calibre https://calibre-ebook.com/
    and,
    Sigil https://sigil-ebook.com/sigil

And unlike the well formatted “digiKam Recipies” (which I have purchased),
the digiKam Manual only displays one item in the Table of Contents in
Calibre,
simply saying “digiKam Manual” — with no sub entries at all, and the
rest, in the only shown page, is just too confusing to follow, or
navigate around with if you start clicking anything.

“digiKam Recipies” shows a beautifully set out TOC in both Calibre and
Sigil.

Is there another recommended ePub reader that I should be using to read
the “Digikam Manual.epub” in,
or is possibly something wrong with the ePub's formatting and setup?

As, https://www.digikam.org/documentation/  says:

"The digiKam documentation can be read online here or downloaded in EPUB
format here."

... I guess I expected the ePub to follow the general pattern of the
online manual ...

    https://docs.digikam.org/en/index.html

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated please,
as sometimes we need to use the offline ePub “digiKam Manual” help..

TIA,

Paul