digikam want to reinstall after crash - help

frederic chaume frederic.chaume at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 08:45:17 BST 2023

Hi gilles

as I didn't have any backup, I have proceeded with the reinstallation steps.
Good news the database has been recovered from the path I have indicated
during the installation steps and now I'm trying to rebuild all the
configurations I had before the crash.
I think I have done it more or less, the remaining point is relative to
the behavior of the hierarchical tag management.

For example I have a tag tree like this one : "pays"/"bretagne"
Before the crash, setting (or unsetting)   the tag "Bretagne" was
setting (or unsetting)  also the parent automaticaly ("pays" )
Today it is no more the case and  setting (or unsetting)   the tag
"Bretagne" doesn't change the parent tag status ("pays" )

I din't find the option in the configuration to retreive this behavior.
Could you help me ?
For information, in the settings/metadata/advanced/tag I have put the
namespace in the following order (based on recent exchange I got with
you and Maik)
- lr.hierarchicalSubject
- dc.subject
- digikam.TagLists