[digiKam-users] Image Import from Android Device (MTP / PTP)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 06:35:18 BST 2022

Hi,

The PTP camera support under Windows requires Gphoto2 Drivers as under
Linux, but even if Gphoto2 compiles now under Linux, there are serious
problems with the low level USB drivers from this backend.

The solution is to use the Microsoft camera WIA backend instead to
replace Gphoto2. We have a few reports in bugzilla about this topic.
It"s in the TODO list, but not yet implemented.

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=Import-WIA&product=digikam&query_format=advanced

Best

Gilles Caulier