[digiKam-users] xmp sidecar files for tiff files

Milind Joshi mmjoshi at iitbombay.org
Mon Sep 5 19:30:04 BST 2022

Hi Maik

Thanks. That worked! BTW, I found the culprit! It's the latest release
of Gimp. By default it exports the tiff file in the Big TIFF format.
When I switch off that option while exporting a tif file, the sidecar is
not created.

I guess since this is going to be a feature of Gimp 3 also, this should
be taken care of in the next release of digiKam.

Till such time, please switch off this option while exporting a tiff
unless you need Big TIFF for whatever reason.

mj