[digiKam-users] Metadata settings

Henrik Hemrin hehemrin at hemrin.com
Wed Oct 19 11:49:45 BST 2022

Hi,

I’m not an expert, but I would do as follow based on your goal.

1. If you don’t want to write any metadata, untick everything under ”Write this information to the Metadata”.
2. "If the lazy synchronization is turned on digiKam will only write metadata when user clicks on the Apply pending changes to metadata icon in the status bar or on exit.” Quote from digiKam manual. So untick that as well.
3. Check settings also on the ”Sidecars” tab, untick ”Write to associated files”.

Note. Consider how you want digiKam to read metadata as well.

Regards
Henrik