[digiKam-users] Digikam 7.8.0 doesn't update thumbnails and folders

Chris Deuchar deuchars at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:42:39 BST 2022

The most recent update was done via Ubuntu's 'Software' application - which
I think is the snap version?  As were the preceding updates as far as I can
remember.
(Please excuse me as I only moved to linux 18 months ago and I am still
getting my head round some things. Previously I was brought up in the
'wonderful world of DOS' before moving on to Windows-1...etc !)
However, back in Ubuntuland, having previously been advised to use Synaptic
package manager, a search in there reveals the digikam version as 7.5.0! -
with no mention of the 7.8.0 that actually runs.
What the?

Chris