[digiKam-users] Best distro for staying up to date with digikam?

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed Oct 5 15:54:47 BST 2022

On Wed, 5 Oct 2022 10:00:25 +1100
Andrew Lorien <andrew at andrewswebsite.net> wrote:

> I'm building a new computer, mostly for media management.  The Ubuntu
> stable repo has a very old version of digikam, and the PPA I was using
> became unreliable.  I spent a couple of years using the AppImage but
> the upgrade to the jpeg tagger broke six months ago.  Next step is
> just to compile from source.
>
> So my question:  What distro are you using, and how do you keep
> Digikam up to date?

Fedora makes building new rpms very easy if you set up your environment
for rpm building.

Only thing to note is that if using the default GNOME Wayland DE then
digikam misbehaves with flickering windows as soon as you open
settings. It works perfectly using GNOME Xorg. I'm trying to get this
resolved, but the bugzilla entry is rarely updated.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde