[digiKam-users] Find people tags that aren't face regions

José Oliver-Didier jose_oliver at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 2 14:44:28 BST 2022

Hello,

If you are referring to Windows Photo Gallery People Tags - Digikam will
read the region-less people tags and add them as a tag -
People/<PeopleTagName>. So they will appear in the filters. Using
Digikam's face recognition, this can aid you in identifying people tag
regions which might have been missed.

Alternatively, I use exiftool to output a file with region-less people
tags, which is described in the link - Listing Microsoft People Tags with
no face rectangle associated (exiftool.org)
<https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php?topic=10202.0>.

Hope this helps,

- J Oliver
José Oliver-Didier | Linktree <https://linktr.ee/jmoliver>