[digiKam-users] Extract thumbnails from thumbnails-digikam.db

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 20 08:58:18 BST 2021

On dimanche 20 juin 2021 03:03:27 CEST papertape wrote:
> Using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
>
> I downloaded  digikam-pgf-database/bin/pgfdatabase.exe
> When I run it, a window flashes briefly, then nothing.
>From the README, I understand that
- it's a command line program
- that needs to get the pgf file to convert provided as a parameter
(so: you'd have to do something like
        #> pgfdatabase.exe my_pgf_blob
)

Just a double-click on the executable will execute it, so windows opens a
console, the program will show a short message on that console and shut down,
windows closes the (now unneeded) console window;  which you see as a window
flashing briefly.

To extract (all!) the pgf images from the database you need to use another
program (e.g. the export_thumbnails.sh shell script for linux)