[digiKam-users] Bye bye digikam?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 11:35:34 BST 2021

Hi,

> I only shoot in RAW and usually takes a lot more pictures than I need, so
> some serious deleting is necessary after a photo session. But when I look
> at the photos in the thumbnail window it only shows the built in .jpg
> files. (In my case Olympus .orf files.) This are not good enough to
> determine if the picture passes my quality control. The result, I have to
> open another program to do the culling of pictures.

In the digiKam setup you can configure whether the JPG preview should be used
or the whole image. In the case of RAW files, a preview is displayed in half
RAW image mode.

You can also configure whether RAW files should be opened via Darktable or
RawTherapee and then loaded the processed image into the digiKam Image Editor.

Maik