[digiKam-users] Open with Darktable no longer an option for Linux Mint Cinnamon?

Tom Rank tom at literaryconnections.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 18:54:26 BST 2021

Hi Gilles

Thanks for the speedy and helpful response. Yes, I can already use 'Open
with' in the file manager to open RAW images in Darktable - but I can't
at present do this in Digikam (where it would be more useful).

I've changed the RAW behaviour in Digikam's settings as you suggest, but
it doesn't appear to alter the options on offer in Album view. What has
changed, though, is that if I open an album image in the Editor (for
example with F4) I can then use the File menu in the Digikam Editor (or
Ctrl-F4) to open the RAW image in Darktable - it does recognise the
program there.

This is progress, but only works for one image at a time. Previously I
had used Digikam's star ratings to quickly mark images as I looked
through them, then switched to a sorted-by-rating view to group the good
ones together. I would then open all the starred ones in Darktable at
once by making a quick selection and using the right-click menu option.

Am I missing something?

Best wishes

Tom

Tom Rank | tom at literaryconnections.co.uk | 01274 023710